Before you start managing inventory and processing orders in Delivrd, you should create records for your products. In Delivrd, there are two ways of creating product records: either manually or by importing the list of products. In this article, we will explain how to add product records manually and highlight some useful features of the product list.
Adding a Product Record
- In the navigation bar, click Products & Inventory > Products.
- In the upper-right corner of the Products List page, click Add Product and fill in the following data:
- Name: Enter the name of the product. The length of the name should not exceed 255 characters.
- Description: Enter a description of the product. The length of the description cannot exceed 255 characters. Depending on the context, sometimes Delivrd will present the name of the product, and sometimes the description.
- UOM: Select the measurement unit for the product. For example, Piece, Each, Kilogram etc.
- Category: If you have no product categories yet, add them by clicking either Create New Category directly in the product for or Actions > Manage Categories in the upper-right corner of the Product List page. If you have already created the categories for your products, then select the category to which the product belongs.
- Group: Select the group to which the product belongs from a predefined list of groups. The group is used for search purposes.
- SKU: Enter a unique number that identifies your product. It is very important in how Delivrd works, specifically in the context of barcode scanning. Each product should have its own unique SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) number, which is used for searching, receiving products from suppliers, and packing the customer orders.
- BIN: Select a bin that stores the product so it can be picked by your fulfillment individuals. If you have no bin records yet, you can create them either by clicking Create New Bin directly in the products form or Partners > Bins in the navigation bar.
- Price(USD): Specify the estimated value of the product, in your system's currency. This value will be used for inventory value calculation. You can enter either the price you buy products from your supplier or the price you sell them, or an average.
- Prices for Sales Channels(USD): Specify additional price that is valid for a certain sales channel. Select the sales channel, enter a price, and click Add. As a result, when a user selects a sales channel during sales order creation, the price that is specific for this sales channel will automatically appear in the order lines.
- Reorder Point: Specify the acceptable minimum of product units in your inventory, after which you should reorder the products from your supplier. Inventory alerts in Delivrd rely on reorder point values.
- Image URL: Enter a URL of the product image, including http://. Please note that you can also upload a product image from your computer in the products list. To do it, just hover over the product image placeholder and select the image file for that product from your local computer.
- Weight: Enter the net weight of the product in relevant measurement unit. The weight of the product is considered when calculating the total weight of each shipment.
- Height, Width, Depth: You can keep this information in Delivrd so that you can later use it when selling online. Delivrd does not currently use these details.
- Product Page URL: Enter a URL of the product page. For example, the product page on Amazon/eBay, or on your supplier's website.
- Barcode System: Select the barcoding system that the product uses.
- Barcode Number: Enter the value of the barcode that is printed on the product. In various processes in Delivrd, you can scan this barcode, in addition to scanning the SKU.
- Issue Inventory Location: If you manage your inventory at multiple locations, select the default location from which you issue the inventory. This will be the default inventory location when sales orders are created.
- Receive Inventory Location: If you manage your inventory at multiple locations, select the default location to which you receive the inventory. This will be the default inventory location in purchase orders.
- Safety Stock: Specify the number of product units in stock after reaching which the products should no longer be issued. If stock falls below this level, the system will display a warning, and you should reorder the products from your supplier. Inventory alerts in Delivrd rely on safety stock levels.
- Bin Number: Select the number of a storage bin where you place the product. If you have selected a bin on the General tab, then the bin number will be selected automatically.
- Packaging Material: Select the packaging material, such as a cardboard box, which is typically used when packing the product before the shipment. Delivrd manages the inventory levels of each packaging material, so every time you sell a product, its packaging material inventory is updated according to shipment data.
- Packaging Instructions: Enter instructions on how to pack the product.
- Packaging Material?: Select this checkbox if the product is used as a packaging material for sellable products.
- Color: If you have no product colors yet, add them by clicking Actions > Manage Colors in the upper-right corner of the Products List page. If you have already created the colors for your products, then select the color of the product.
- Size: If you have no product sizes yet, add them by clicking Actions > Manage Sizes in the upper-right corner of the Products List page. If you have already created the sizes for your products, then select the size of the product.
When you finish entering the product data, click Save. You can later edit the product record at the Products List page by clicking the ... icon in the Actions column and choosing Edit.
Product List Features
Here are some useful features of the product list in Delivrd:
- Filtering. You can filter the product list by attributes such as product group, category, size or color. Click Filter By, choose the attribute, such as Color, and its value, such as Black.
- Product Inventory. You do not have to visit the inventory list page to view product inventory, because it is also visible from the products list. If you click a record under Product Inventory, you will be transferred to the Inventory List page where you can perform quick inventory transactions with this item.
- Results. Set the number of results to display in the list: 10, 25, 50, or 100.
- Product Image. You can upload a product image from your computer in the products list. To do it, just hover over the product image placeholder and select the image file for that product from your local computer.
Adding Custom Fields
You can add custom fields, which are specific for your product, to the product records in Delivrd:
- In the upper-right corner of the Products List page, hover over the ... button and choose Custom Fields.
2. On the Custom Product Fields page that opens, click Add Field.
3. In the form that opens, enter the name of the custom field.
4. If necessary, enter the description and add the options, if the field involves choices.
5. When ready, click Save.
The field record will appear in the list on the Custom Product Fields page. The list contains the name, description, list of options, number of times the field was used, and creation date. Under Actions, you can either edit or delete the field.
To view and manage your custom field, click the ... icon under Actions next to the corresponding product record on the Products List page and choose Edit. You will find your field on the Custom Fields tab.